Mission and Foundation
Comprehensive Cell Solutions™ (CCS) leverages NYBC's strengths of innovation, flexibility, mobility, creativity, and quality to save more lives by working with diverse organizations (among which are biotech, startups and academic institutions) to help them launch new products, services, and perform clinical trials. CCS’s core areas are transfusion medicine, cellular therapy, regenerative medicine, hematology and infectious disease.
NYBC Enterprise’s national network includes Community Blood Center of Greater Kansas City, Rhode Island Blood Center, Blood Bank of Delmarva, and Innovative Blood Resources (Nebraska/Minnesota). CCS draws resources and expertise from our traditional business pillars:
- Supply more than one million blood products annually to the diverse communities we serve.
- Products include red blood cells, platelets, plasma, cryoprecipitate, and granulocytes.
- Product modifications include antigen negative, leukoreduction, irradiation, low titer, and pathogen inactivation.
- Blood donor screening tests
- HLA testing
- Immunohematology reference laboratory
- Paternity testing
- Flow cytometry
National Center for Blood Group Genomics
- Blood group genomics
- FDA licensed direct-to-label extended antigen typing of blood donors
- Patient testing with expert clinical interpretation and transfusion recommendations
- Platelet antigen typing (HPA 1-9, 11, and 15)
Medical Programs and Services
- Hemophilia pharmacy and home infusion services
- Perioperative autologous transfusion
- Clinical apheresis including therapeutic and mononuclear cell collection
- Hospital transfusion services
- Cellular therapy contract manufacturing laboratory
- Medical education, coverage, and consultation
- Special patient services supporting donor recruitment, testing, and collections for BeTheMatch BioTherapies and NMDP for allogeneic stem cell donation
Lindsley F. Kimball Research Institute
- Twenty principal investigators, primarily funded by the National Institutes of Health, in the fields of transfusion medicine, hematology, cellular therapy, infectious disease, and epidemiology
National Cord Blood Program
- HEMACORDTM (HPC, cord blood), the first FDA approved cord-blood derived hematopoietic stem cell therapy product
- Over 60,000 cord blood units stored and over 5,000 units for transplantation worldwide